[3830] ARRLDX CW N3RS M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Feb 23 13:25:11 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RD, W8FJ, W7CT, NA3D, N2SR & N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA

   80: 1000   103
   40: 1798   123
   20: 1821   122
   15: 1129   115
Total: 6054   599  Total Score = 10,861,068

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I want to thank the great group of operators that faithfully manned the station
this year.  We did the best we could and are happy with the results.  Congrats
to KC1XX and K1AR for their super performances.

The operator crew consisted of:

Band   Prime Operator
160M       N3RD
 80M       N3RS
 40M       W8FJ
 20M       W7CT/NA3D
 15M       N3RD
 10M       N2SR

This contest saw a K3 fail on Sunday; numerous peculiar software glitches; and
a terrible wind storm on Saturday that caused us to lose the South Beverage for
Sundays low band efforts, and brought us the dreaded line noise once again for
most of the day on Sunday.  Conditions seemed rather good on Friday and most of
Saturday, but Sunday was a tough slog.

Thankfully, no major antenna damage occurred as a result of the storm, but with
the line noise as bad as it is, there is a high probability that a multiop
effort will not take place on SSB this year.  Hopefully, we will be back for
the WAE & CQWW contests later in the year.

Thanks to all who called in, especially those QRP stations that persisted long
enough for us to pick your call out on a peak in the ever present QSB.  This
marks the 57th year of ARRL DX Contest participation for me.  I'm still
enjoying it!

73 de Sig, N3RS