[3830] RTTY WPX P40YL(@P49V) SOSB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Feb 24 14:13:34 PST 2011

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: P40YL
Operator(s): P40YL
Station: P49V

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: ARUBA

   20: 1577

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest.  Lots of action, until Sunday afternoon, when I witnessed my
first solar flare, which wiped out 20 for close to an hour. At first, I thought
my RTTYing had burned up P49V's radio. Hi,hi.  Second surprise was at the end of
the contest, when I discovered I had operated more than 30 hours. I had set the
time, but didn't check the date.  Unfortunately, the computer was a day ahead,
which confused the N1MM run clock and led me to operate 44 minutes over the
maximum 30 hours.  I had to chop 44 Qs and 15 mults to submit the log on 3830,
but, rest assurred, the full log went to the contest organizers.  Other than
these minor snaffus, it was a really fun contest.  Thanks to all!  88 Sue