[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Feb 25 00:56:15 PST 2011

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 25

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   5      2
   80:  18     11
   40:  25     17
   20:   1      1
Total:  49     31  Total Score = 1,519

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First, Tnx for all the NS Clan Q's from KP2CW (Remote) last weekend!

Tonight 20m was in-the-tank out here, except for one Q with N3ZZ about 30 miles
away with heavy QSB.  Tnx, TomCA!  Condx on 40m & 80m were way down compared to
last Friday Night in the ARRL CW Contest.

Missed the 50 Q mark in this final ladder event, but kinda glad the NSL
intensity is over for a little breather.

Amazing how when I don't get answers to some multiple CQ's, out-of-the blue
KE0G almost always seems to show up. Tnx, DanMN!  Didn't hear a peep out of
MikeIN/W9RE, JohnGA/K4BAI or some of the other NS regulars tonight though ;-(

Tried to catch and pass KenCA/N6RO again this time, but just couldn't cut the
mustard.  Congrats to the Maestro!  Also Kudos to fellow NCCC'ers BillCA/N6ZFO
and TomCA/N3ZZ for helping raising the competitive NS bar out here.

A special Tnx to MikeCO/W0MU who joined us in the NS tonight and later on the
NCCC Post-NS Net after a long absence.  During a nice landline chat earlier in
the day, all of a suddent I thought to put a gentle grind on him to show up
tonight.  It worked :^)

Appreciation goes to Thee Grand Exalted NS-Meister, BillCA/N6ZFO, for all the
NS bean counting.

I may show up next Thursday Night as KP2/K6VVA or KP2CW (remotely, of course).
Can anyone say MULTIPLIER? {GRIN}.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust
Remote Contesting (and NS) Advocate