[3830] CQ160 SSB K0TV Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 27 14:10:56 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: FN42hr

Total:  QSOs = 615  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 38  Total Score = 169,539

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was not going to be a serious effort when I started. I usually
only get on to give out points. Part way through I decided to call
CQ and got hooked. Normally I don't like SSB on topband but the
new K3 is making it far less painful than it has been in the past.

Had lots of fun until the snow started causing horrendous noise on
the NE/SW beverages. I have to think that there's a power line
off one end of the antenna. PSNH will get another call on Monday.

I decided to take a nap near 0400 on Saturday night that turned
into a sleep period that was way too long. When I got back, the
noise was still there. I made a few more QSOs and went upstairs
to sleep for real. When the dogs awoke us about an hour before
sunrise, it was still snowing and I decided to sleep instead
of looking for a few more mults. I only missed NV, AK and HI
for WAS. Though I heard a couple of VE7s, I never got BC.

Even though I was called by a few really good European mults,
I still missed a few usually easy ones. Got ER but no OH, LA or F.

Maybe I'll do a bigger effort next year.

Thanks to NE1B/C6AWB (at C6ANM) for providing the incentive for
me to get on. Thanks for everyone who called in and gave a point.

See everyone next week for ARRL Phone.

73, Jerry