[3830] CQ160 SSB W4NF Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 28 05:15:50 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 612  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 36  Total Score = 156,060

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I decided to put in a casual effort for this contest.  10 minutes before the
contest started, the NE/SW beverage that I had just tested went quite.  I
grabbed my tools and some wire nuts and headed into the woods.  It was quite
windy on Friday afternoon and a 6 inch diameter tree limb had broken off at
about 60 feet and fell right on the beverage snapping it in two.  I spliced it
back together and hung it back up in the trees.

Conditions on Friday evening was not to good with no CA stations heard and very
few stations past the Mississippi.  Saturday was a little better and EU was also
stronger.  I finished with 512 2 pointers, 58 5 pointers and 42 10 pointers.
Thanks for the Qs and I'll see you in the next contest.  73, Jack W4NF