[3830] NCQP N8II SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 28 06:52:42 PST 2011

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: WV

   80:   38     40
   40:   48     70
--------------------
Total:   87    110  Mults = 60  Total Score = 29,430

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 50 bunus points with Dare Co. (2 mobiles) and 150 bonus points
for NI4BK + W4NC. The bonuses were not very easy to come by for me. I was
walking the dog and double checking the rules after completing the thrilling
FASFA in hopes of getting a little help with my 2 girls in college before the
test, so ended up a whopping 4 minutes late getting on the air and assume I
missed W4MY in Cherokee for 100 bonus points; they were logged at 1704 already
in GRM. I only heard W4NC twice, both time on 80M. NI4BK was on 40 phone and 80
CW, but didn't hear them that often. It seems like activity/mobiles
participation is going the wrong direction in both the NCQP and MSQP. Perhaps
the summer like Wx cut down on activity a bit, temp here was over 60 F for
sveral hours Sunday and last vestiges of snow from a Monday storm are gone
except for large plowed piles. The condx on 40 couldn't have been better;
everybody was pretty loud. Condx on 80 were fine, but the QRN was 20 db over 9
but about 8 PM. Everybody seemed to migrate to 80 pretty early, sigs were
already strong from NC an hour before my sunset. There wasn't much mobile
activity except for the mountains to sea effort of Marty W4MY and AA4XX?; quite
a long trip to make in 10 hours and they made it to Dare Co in just over 9
hours! The distance is over 500 miles. Many thanks for their efforts. Activity
on 40 phone was good as the total suggests, only about 6-7 mobile Q's there.
After 8PM, activity really took a nose dive, so I was off and on after that.
All in all it was a pleasant contest experience, so low key it was pretty
relaxing. Around 4PM, I lost track of W4MY on 40 for a while. I don't think
they were skipping over me, but the skip zone did extend over most of NC by
shortly after 23Z. Thanks to the Forsythe ARC for sponsoring the NCQP and
thanks for the Q's.