[3830] CQ160 SSB WD5COV Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 28 14:25:02 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WD5COV
Operator(s): WD5COV
Station: WD5COV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Mexico

Total:  QSOs = 1029  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 54  Total Score = 317,744

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

We were expecting lots of wind both days during the contest. It seems the storm
passed to the north so static levels stayed low here.

I learned from the 160 CW contest that I should use the SW direstion more as I
did not make one contact with VK or ZL in that contest. So it was nice to log 3
ZL stations and 6 VK stations in this contest. Not much activity elsewhere in
the Pacific with only 2 Hawaii stations in the log and NH2T in Guam.

Spent some time each night S & P to work some new mults. It was fun breaking
the pile-up to work ED9NA. Condx were best just after EU sunrise here. Thanks
to all the US ops who stood by as I ask only for EU. As it turned out, I only
worked 40 EU stations. I know I missed many callers. Next year with a long
beverage to EU I hope to do better.

Worked all states the first night and ended up with all NA mults but LB, PE,
NWT, YT, and NU. My only qso with DC was W3DQ.

64 VE's went in the log. US state leaders for me were: CA 100, TX 58, WA 43, OH
40, Il 37, AZ 34, and MN and OR 31 each.

Equipment used: Yaesu FT1000MP, Alpha 77Dx Amp, Ant: Full size 4SQ array

Thanks for all who called in and sorry for the ones I could not pull out.
Believe me I tried. CU next year.

73,
Dave WD5COV