[3830] RTTY Roundup K6XN Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 9 17:34:06 PST 2011

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6XN
Operator(s): K6XN
Station: K6XN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CALIFORNiA

Total:  272  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 19  Total Score = 18,496

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ham radio RTTY is a new experience for me after 50 years + being an active ham
radio operator ans I am a rookie at RTTY. This was my first RTTY RU and a *lot*
of fun. I did not use sophosticated equipment this time but a "mobile rig" Yaesu
FT-857D with Collins mechanical filters, an old laptop and an antique Alpha
amplifier and an antiqhe KLM triband antanna (KT-34XA). Everything worked
great! Lots of fun and I intend to substantially improve moving forward. I was
only able to spend about 6 hours in this contest and I primarily operated on
only the 20M band but I am hooked!!! :-) Thanks for all the fun and the QSOs
guys and gals! I am still celbrating that everything worked :-) 73, Ted, K6XN