[3830] RTTY Roundup W7IV M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 9 18:04:31 PST 2011

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W7IV
Operator(s): W7IV, N7BT, KW7XX, N7RO
Station: W7IV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WWA

Total: 1357  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 42  Total Score = 135,700

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I should know by now not to reload the OS on the station computer the week
before a contest, but the logging program worked very well.  Last week was
hired a crane and moved the 80m beam on the last day of frozen ground before a
soggy week, and found out that the CW coils weren't working Saturday.  It'll go
like hell in the phone contest next weekend, though!

We had a lot of fun.  When we shut down for the night on Saturday, we were
almost 15% ahead of our 2010 pace, but on Sunday every Q and Mult was a chore.

Europe never really materialized for us...only 1.5% of our contacts were from
there.  SA and Caribs didn't help much, either.

Thanks again to all those casual contesters who came out and gave us Q's, and a
brief note to those guys who program the phrase "PSE COPY" into their
exchanges:
Quit it right now or I'm telling your mother! It's annoying enough during a
phone contest. :-) Other than that...carry on.

Lots of projects before the NAQP...see you then!