[3830] RTTY Roundup K0BX M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 10 08:38:10 PST 2011

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K0BX
Operator(s): K0BX
Station: K0BX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MO

Total:  429  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 51  Total Score = 43,329

Club: Boeing ARS - STL

Comments:

This was my 21st RTTY Roundup.  My first was the 2nd RR in 1990.  My score back
then was 209 Q's, 68 State/Prov and 20 DX.  Good enough to win Missouri. hi hi

Most of my activity was S&P, I am a 'B' type person that operates to have fun,
make qso's and see what my station can do.

I had a good run of European Stations on Sunday morning.  Worked 65 in a row
S&P.  SA stations 10, and JA's 16.  So the band was open!!

Rig IC-75PROIII
Amp TenTec 422 about 600 watts
Antenna Hygain 204BA at 50 Feet
Hygain db10/15 at 40 feet
Butternut vertical ground mounted for 40/80
Writelog with MMTTY

I have been on RTTY since 1974.
I did take time off on Sunday to go over to a friends house NO0L and help him
get on the RR.  He been a ham for 25 years but never been in a contest except
for FD.  He recently got back in to Ham Radio and had been operating PSK.  So I
talked him in to operating the RR.  I stayed with him during the first 50 QSO's
while he got the knack of making QSO's.  After I left, he make another 50 for a
total of 100 Q's.  He was happy with his results and wanted to know when the
next RTTY contest will be.

Joe K0BX
STL MO