[3830] NAQP SSB K6CSL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 16 01:07:05 PST 2011

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA/SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

  160:   4      1
   80:   3      2
   40:   6      5
   20:  21     16
   15:  14     11
   10:   3      3
-------------------
Total:  51     38  Total Score = 1,938

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 3

Comments:

Terribly disappointing conditions. After the relative better conditions CW
weekend. I almost wish I hadn't operated this one. When I first opened on 10M
the first station I worked was Mike, N6ML(Thanks Mike) This was followed by
just 2 other stations with barely workable signalsfrom GA & AL. At 18:50Z
Imoved on to 15M. 15M was encouraging, producing 14 Q's in 11 Mults. I took a
breakfast break at 20:30Z until 21:30Z(I can eat while operating CW, but when I
try that on phone it gets too messy) I returned to 20M. 20 produced 21 Q's in 16
Mults between 21:30 and 00:15Z. Reception on my Out-door Loop antenna was very
unusually noisey reducing my Northeast receiving ability, forcing me work
almost everything on my indoor coaxial dipole and the indoor horizontal loop. I
moved to 40M at 00:45Z and found almost every one trying to crowd up between
7178 and 7200KHz. The band above 7200, besides being unusually noisey was
almost obliterated with Broadcast stations. I actually found 40, 80 and 160 in
very poor condition. I thus ended far under my goal. Last year I did 61x40 for
2,440pts. Last year 10 and 15 never opened, but I did much better on 40 and 80,
but the most productive band was 20. I sure hope we begin to see better solar
conditions, but it's beginning to look like that may not happen. Bert, K6CSL