[3830] NAQP SSB K7ZSD M/2 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 16 10:05:47 PST 2011

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZS,W7ZB,K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NW Oregon

   10:   10     4
-------------------
Total: 1543   199  Total Score = 307,057

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

The surprise for this event was 15m, it produce 2 to 1 over 20m for the first 4
hours of the contest. It is so nice to spread out a little on 15 compared to
20m with so many segments of the band owned by special interest groups. We
started on 10m, worked the 10 stations in about 3 minutes, and had to stay 10
minutes because of the M2 rule.

We had a great start on 40m 2 hours before our sunset with excellent
propagation to all parts of NA. Here in the NW it is so difficult to do much on
80 and 160 with 100 watts. Making it even more difficult was the rain, we had an
inch in the evening and the static was ear fatiguing. The rate in the evening
got so slow, we shut down for 35 minutes and had our spaghetti dinner. The red
wine improved the low band noise and we coasted to the finish.

This contest is so friendly with everyone on a first name basis. The report is
so simple and fast, especially when the log shows the report from the previous
band. We had fun and thank all the great operators. See you next year.