[3830] BARTG Sprint VA2UP SO Expert HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 23 21:10:49 PST 2011

                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: Lasalle

   80:  158   158
   40:  314   314
   20:  430   430
   15:  126   126
   10:
-----------------
Total: 1028  1028  Mults = 85  Total Score = 524,280

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

It seemed like everybody wanted to be in this one. Propagation not at its best.
40M here was not very noisy but DX sigs were not very strong. 80M was really
noisy, struggled to pull out callsigns and exchanges even from NA at times.
Temperature here was really cold and didn't want to turn the rotors much and
maybe break something in the process. Good thing the contest was saturday and
not today since here temps will be in the -30C range tonight, I would probably
have skipped the contest all together.
I had set a goal for 500K points and 1K Qs and I'm happy to have done that.
Worked hard the first 6 hours to catch as many mults and land the 6 continents
before lunchtime. After that operated sporadically in burst and went to bed.
Didn't come back to the station for the last few hours of the contest. Ok my
loss but in this cold...it was no competition between my warm bed or getting
back out, warm up the car , etc etc...
So thanks for the contacts and thanks Bartg for putting all together.
73, Fabi