[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W7CE Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 23 23:10:41 PST 2011

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: W7CE
Operator(s): W7CE
Station: W7CE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CN87oa

  222:   11     5
  432:   14     6
  903:    3     1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  132    40  Total Score = 6,640

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Just a part-time effort for me this year.  Other than 6M, all of my big antennas
are on the ground, so I only had 5el on 2M and 432 with restricted power
(limited by antenna power rating).

This is my first VHF contest using only one radio.  My Flex 5000A now has the
2M/70cm module plus I connected two transverters (125cm and 33cm).  It was a
real joy to sit at one radio and not be constantly changing to different
headset for each radio.  Also having the panadapter let me monitor band
activity on all bands rather than just 6M.

Overall, a very fun and relaxed contest for me.  I'm looking forward to the
June contest when I'll have all of my antennas back up in the air where they
belong.

73,
Clay  W7CE