[3830] CQ160 CW KB9OWD Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 30 15:37:58 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: WI

Total:  QSOs = 143  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 1  Total Score = 14,993

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

In between new dad duties, I played around a bit Saturday evening from about 10
P.M. until 1 A.M. or so local and again about an hour around sunrise Sunday
morning.  I don't have a 160 antenna, so if you worked me, kudos to you.  I am
shocked to have 143 QSO's.  I planned to work 10 or 15 loud ones and that was
it.  The band seemed to be in good shape here.  I was running about 15 watts
into a G5RV which was tuned (kind of) to 160.

I missed and never heard HI, AK, ND, SD, MS and ID.  I also missed OR and UT,
both of which I heard but couldn't get their attention!  Worked ON, QC and PEI
for Provinces and C6 for DX.

Surprisingly, I heard a good amount of DX.  None could hear my 15W into a non
160 antenna, but I was surprised to hear well EF8M and M6T both LOUD at their
sunrises.  Also, I heard CR2X and CS2C on a regular basis.  Called and called
PJ2T and KV4FZ.  I got a few KB9? or AGN from these 2 but couldn't make it
work.  Had the cluster on watching for VP8ORK spots so claiming as assited here
since it was up and running.

Was glad to hand out the qso's I did.  Great ears to those that copied me!  See
you in the next one!

Ryan KB9OWD