[3830] CQ160 CW N7ZG Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 30 18:41:38 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7WA N7ZG
Station: N7ZG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Harstine

Total:  QSOs = 726  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 16  Total Score = 152,862

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Breaking with tradition, Mike and I decided to operate from my new QTH.   I
managed to get an inverted L and some beverages up and running and the cabin in
a somewhat livable state.

The first night was tough.   It seemed that the band was not up to snuff.   I
guess as the cycle picks up the prop on 160 will naturally suffer.   We only
worked a handful of JAs the first night.   The only notable contact was CR2X.

The second night seemed much better.   Many more JAs in the log.   Mults were
down slightly over last year as we had no prop to EU this year.

All in all I'm encouraged by the QTH.   This summer I will be putting up
something even better for 160.  CU in next years running of the 160.

73,
Guy