[3830] CQ160 CW N1DC Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 31 05:00:18 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA

Total:  QSOs = 258  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 8  Total Score = 29,563

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My best 160M effort so far by a wide margin. I won MA low power back in 2003
with 17,766 points. More than 10K more points this year but there is a lot more
competition now. It's possible to do well with a poor antenna. I used an 80M
inverted V dipole up 35 feet.  It's touchy keeping it tuned but it works! My
plans for a 160M inverted L were delayed by major tree damage and 6 weeks of
continuing snow storms. We have had over 65 inches so far this winter.

I can hear a lot more DX than I can work. Most USA QSO's were on the first
call. Great fun and always a challenge.

Station: TenTec Omni 7 100W, antenna: 80M inv V dipole, HP Pavillion running CT

Thanks for the QSO's   73  Rick  N1DC   EMA