[3830] CQ160 CW K0VXU Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 31 06:35:08 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 18:55

Total:  QSOs = 766  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 26  Total Score = 156,040

Club: KC Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions on first night were very good but seemed to be better to Europe on
the second night.  Unfortunately, my time was limited and couldn't make the
Europe opening on the first night and missed the Asia/Pacific too. The second
night my line noise went to 10 dB over S9 which obscured many signals and
severly cut into the QSO total. Thought things were going well when I worked
all 50 states in the first night but still missed several of the Canadian
mults....never heard 'em.

Equipment: IC-746PRO / TL922A / Inverted L

Great to hear all the familiar callsigns.  Hats off to the good ears of JA3YBK
who dug me out as propagation was failing.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and mults.

Now for CQ160-SSB.

73,
Russ - K0VXU