[3830] CQ160 CW WO7V Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 31 06:52:12 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WO7V
Operator(s): WO7V
Station: WO7V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR

Total:  QSOs = 173  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 5  Total Score = 19,872

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My first cw contest with this call.  My old call W7JDE didn't work out well on
cw probably because it ended in DE.  Much better conditions this time compared
to the arrl 160 contest last month.  Didn't work all sections but was able to
punch out a lot of them.  The highlight of the contest was working the azores.
Have to use low power here as my antenna really stinks and the impedance
transformation is extreme.  I have to retune the antenna tuner about every
10kHz to keep the vswr down to a resonable level.  Maybe next time I will get
more wire up.  I thought about loading up the chain link fence but since 160
meters is so low in frequency, just above what you can hear, doing this would
probably get all the dogs in the county barking :-)