[3830] CQ160 CW 3V8SS(KF5EYY) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 31 12:49:04 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: 3V8SS
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Sousse
Operating Time (hrs): 19h18

Total:  QSOs = 620  State/Prov = 7  Countries = 53  Total Score = 371,100

This is my first contest after the revolution of the brave Tunisian people. The
situation is getting much better over here but we still have a curfew starting
21z.
For me, this contest is a discovering opportunity of Top Band. I never gave it
such amount of time.
I prepared everything to have a full night time contest operation in order to
better understand the propagation on 160. Thanks to Al 4L5A, Gunter DJ9CB and
Andy DJ7IK for all discussions and advices regarding contesting on 160. That
was very helpful.
One thing that I missed is a dedicated RX antenna. Using 160m GP, the noise
level was high. The only solution I found is to use the 40m GP for noise
attenuation. Even that this antenna can't hear well, many stations couldn't be
copied through the noise without it.
Glad to work some DX  on 160 (A7, HZ, W1, etc.)!

73 to all of you!

Ash 3V8SS/KF5EYY
http://www.qsl.net/3v4-002/