[3830] DL-DX RTTY K4GMH SOAB-6 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 3 14:48:07 PDT 2011

                    DL-DX RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB-6 HP
QTH: NA

   80:   0      0     0
   40:   0      0     0
   20:  70    905    40
   15:  14    200    11
   10:   0      0     0
-------------------------
Total:  84   1105    51  Total Score = 56,355

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the DRCG for sponsoring the DL-DX Contest.  Thanks also to those who
were kind enough to work me.  Sorry for all the weird stuff coming from this
station, but trying to learn N1MM Logger which is hard for a long time Writelog
user.

Getting involved with N1MM because the M/M station I participate with is going
over to N1MM.  After this weekend see I have a long way to go before feeling
comfortable with it.  Didn't even attempt to do SO2R with it as still trying to
get the macros assembled similar to WL.  Sure there will be differences, but
until I get more familiar with N1MM got to make it as similar to WL as
possible.

One problem I did have with N1MM even in the SO1R mode was getting the RTTY
screen to stop long enough to go back and get a number that was missed from an
earlier QSO.  Every time I would grab the scroll bar with the cursor and find
the place where the previous QSO was located another bunch of noise generated
letters would show up on the screen and cause the location of the needed
information to disappear from the screen.  I'm sure there is some function to
set to not allow the operator scrolling to be superseded by other information
being displayed down the screen.  Got so frustrated with this back and forth, I
finally turned off the radio so no more letters (gibberish) was capturing the
location of the screen.

The limited time was due to the same circumstances a lot of us in W/K land had
- the Fourth of July weekend and family commitments.  Have a house full of
grandkids and there parents including over night.  Definitely more tired now
than from operating any RTTY contest!

Again, thanks to all who were patient with my first use of N1MM in a contest.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH