[3830] NCCC Sprint KE0G QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jul 8 13:48:42 PDT 2011

                    NCCC Sprint - July 8

Call: KE0G
Operator(s): KE0G
Station: KE0G

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN

   40:  16     10
   20:   1      1
Total:  17     11  Total Score = 187

K3 at 5 watts to two switchable 74' dipoles at right angles, up 50'.  Dipoles
are broad-band, fed with balanced lines and Johnson Matchboxes.  20M was "one
and done" for me.  QSO with W6SX to start out, then called N3ZZ.  Copied his
exchange fine, but he needed mine again.  The bottom fell out in seconds, and
after 6 or 8 tries, he faded out and stayed out.  Everyone else dropped to
S3-S4 range, no more Q's on 20M.  40M fine with 16 Q's.  Big sigs in MN:  40M
K4BAI and KW8N both at +40 dB or better.  Thanks for your copy of my QRP out
there.  73,  Dan  ke0g