[3830] IARU K4QPL SO CW QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 10 10:32:34 PDT 2011

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4QPL
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: K4QPL

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: NC

  160:
   80:   27             4       5
   40:  105            12      15
   20:  170            18      24
   15:   40             7       9
   10:    2             2       0
-------------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

When the contest started the prospects for QRP looked pretty bleak and I
contemplated shifting to LP. However at about 1400 things started improving and
the better EU stations started hearing me beginning with GR2HQ. Conditions got
progressively better and despite it being a part time effort, I was satisfied.
Noise levels on 80 were low enough to also grab DA0HQ, TM0HQ and GR2HQ and
other EU there. Great ears on those ops, not to mention ZL6HQ on 20. And thanks
to all who take the time to pull us peanut whistles out of the mud. I am very
much aware that the real QRP credit goes to the guys at the other end of the
"circuit".