[3830] IARU K7VIT SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 10 17:58:00 PDT 2011

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K7VIT
Operator(s): K7VIT
Station: K7VIT

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: OR

  160:
   80:    3      0      1       1
   40:    0      1      0       1
   20:  131    131     25      31
   15:   32      8     10       4
   10:    7      2      2       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  173    142     38      40  Total Score = 67,002

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was an interesting outing for me. Band conditions seemed pretty good but
not terrific. With my little pistol-station, I got a run going on phone but had
to struggle with so so signals and QSB. It didn't take long to find out that all
those HQ stations seemed to live on CW at the low end. Those who know me know CW
is not my native language, so I was amazed to see that I had made more CW QSO's
than SSB at the end. Surprise.

I was really impressed at the W1AW/6 and NU1AW/5 operations. Both were great!
W1AW/6 was into my QTH on 3 - 4 bands much of the time and 1 - 2 bands all the
time. It was a great treat to hear the gang at K7ZSD at Smoke Ranch (and to see
the pulsating blue light in the sky on the western horizon). NK7U lights up the
East side of the Cascade Mountains. It was also exciting to hear N6TR, N7TT,
K2PO, and WI7N agitating the ionosphere too. After all with all these guys
transmitting, there must be some ionization over the Left Coast somewhere.

Thank you to all answered my CQ's and to those who responded to my calls.
73,  Jerry