[3830] IARU K3TN SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 11 03:18:28 PDT 2011

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Zone 8

  160:
   80:    9             5       3
   40:   87            15      10
   20:   39            15      11
   15:   20             6       4
   10:
-------------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We had plans to spend the day at friend's waterfront house at Lake Anna, VA so
only got on for a few minutes at the start before we left and then a bit
overnight. I've always enjoyed this contest because the HQ stations and the
IARU zones make the exchange a bit more fun, but the weather was too nice to
turn down an invitation to go kayaking and boating on the Lake. Swimming was
out for me - their house is on the private side of Lake Anna, which is warmed
by the outflow from the nuclear power plant warming station. The water
temperature was 97 degrees. I had to get out of the water to cool down...

While out on the lake in their ski boat, saw a beautiful waterfront home with a
70' or so tower with a nice set of yagis - I think there is a PVRC member on
Lake Anna. If I had remembered that, maybe I could have snuck in some
operating!