[3830] IARU K4RO SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 11 06:55:31 PDT 2011

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TN

  160:    35            5        3
   80:   190           15       20
   40:   429           26       29
   20:   717           30       39
   15:   234           19       14
   10:    16            5        2
-------------------------------------
Total:  1621    0     100      107  Total Score = 940,815

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I am re-building after a lightning strike took out several components of my
station about a month ago. Some of the parts didn't arrive until about 1400z,
two hours into the contest. I made the (wrong) decision to stop operating, run
to the post office to pick up the parts, and continue repairing the station. In
total, I lost about 4 hours operating time while working on broken stuff. In
retrospect, I should have just kept operating with what I had cobbled together
at the starting bell, and continued the repairs AFTER the contest was over. It
was great to be back on the air again, and I can't wait to get fully back up to
speed.

The contest went well, except for the fact that I didn't operate full time. The
local weather cooperated, and the storms stayed away. The radio weather was OK,
with DX conditions improving greatly during the second half of the contest. I
managed to work more mults this year, which was one of my main areas needing
improvement. I think I learned a thing or two about multiplier hunting in this
contest.

73, Kirk K4RO