[3830] IARU N9RV SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 11 17:23:30 PDT 2011

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Montana

  160:
   80:   171           17      10
   40:   628           34      23
   20:   902           39      39
   15:   494           23      13
   10:    54            5       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  2219    0     118      88  Total Score = 1,472,694

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

I always forget how much fun this contest is.  A much different mix of stations
worked here in IARU zone 6 than in zone 8, definitely (60% US worked, 10% EU
and 17% Asia).  But still a rate fest with great ops and a reasonably good set
of rules.

This contest was a chance to finally try my 80m 4 square, which was a lot of
fun.  Going into competition with new weapons is great -- the tough thing about
maturing stations is when you're stuck with all the same hardware.  You always
gotta have something new!

Still no 160 here, but that problem should be corrected in another month.  The
next challenge will be RX antennas -- none exist here.  But I'm getting
closer.

  - Pat
    N9RV