[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jul 15 05:56:16 PDT 2011

                    NCCC Sprint - July 15

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   40:  15     11
   20:  18     12
   15:   0      0
Total:  33     23  Total Score = 759

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole.  I had just finished being a Fox on 20M in the
QRP Fox Hunt.  I had a second logging program set up and ready to click on and
even remembered to increase power from 5 to 100 watts.  But, why wasn't anybody
answering me?  Can't believe I lost the first six minutes of NS because I was
still in "split" transmitting on 14061 kHz.  Why couldn't I have figured that
out sooner?  Rest of NS was fun.  We did have some eS on 15M since W1AW was
very strong there, but heard no signals around 21040.  Conditions on 20 were
fair to the east coast and excellent to the west from N3BB on.  Fumbled some
and lost some of the east coast weaker guys before completing the QSOs with new
to me QSO information. Sorry about that.  40M was OK beyond a fairly extensive
skip zone, but could hear the TN guys there groundwave, I guess.  Thanks for
all QSOs and see you all next week.  73, John, K4BAI.