[3830] CWopsT W1NN/6(@WA6URY) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Jul 16 13:14:57 PDT 2011

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jul 16

Call: W1NN/6
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: WA6URY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA (RF) OH (me)

   20:  35     35
-------------------
Total:  35     35  Total Score = 1,225

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

If you're wondering how I got from 8-land to California so quickly, it's thanks
to the modern miracle of remote controlled radio over the Internet.  This was
my first contest operating like this and it was fun, although I did not have
time to hook up logging software so had to send by hand and log on paper.  Did
we really used to do that for a whole weekend?  I still have a long way to go
to learn how this works, but I'm on my way.  The connection seems to burp once
every 2-3 minutes and I hear some extra dashes in the monitor.  I'm not sure if
they're being transmitted but they usually throw me off my pace and I screw up
whatever I'm sending.  Should work these problems out in good time.

Thanks to Dan WA6URT for letting me use his FB station remotely from Ohio.

73, Hal W1NN/6 in Ohio (??)