[3830] CQWW VHF KU8E SOSB/6 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 17 18:23:36 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: EM72
Operating Time (hrs): 4:05

Total:  107    69  Total Score = 7,383

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Band was dead until about the last 4-5 hours. The Caribbean and Central American
and Mexico started booming in around 1500Z. Worked ZF2EZ, VP5CW, HI3TEJ , V31RN,
T48K, TI (3 stations), CO2OJ, CO2WF, and XE (4 stations). I then started to get
short openings to different parts of the USA First to the Midwest EN grids and
VE2/VE3 then some New England stations in FN grids. It shifted further south
and worked some stations in the FM grids and in NY/NJ. The contest ended with
the W5's in TX booming in and some scattered Midwest stations.

I also heard both PV8ADI and PV8ABC (calling PV8ADI) but couldn't get thru to
either. That was a bummer !!

Hopefully I will finally get a beam up for next season but in the meantime the
full wave loop seems to work pretty good.

73, Jeff KU8E