[3830] CQWW VHF K6CSL SOSB/6 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 18 00:19:21 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: CM97
Operating Time (hrs): 18:00

    6:  24     15
    2:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  24     15  Total Score = 360

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very discouraging conditions over-all for my 100W and assortment of small, wire
antennas. Saturday began at 18:11Z with fairly rapid working of 7 stations in
CM97, CM98 and CM87, then nothing until a brief, but exciting opening to 2
stations, N5HCT and N5RZ in DM81 and DM91 respectively and then nothing until I
returned to the air at 13:00Z(hoping to find a sunrise opening) and waiting
until 17:56Z when suddenly an opening to DM52, DM42, DM62, DM34, DM43, DM75,
DM69 and DM79, followed by a surprize appearance of N4TB in EL97, on the east
coast of Florida, giving me a new WAS state on 6M. I presently have a total of
9 states worked on 6M, since I got my first 6M capable, FT-450 in 2008. I'm
presently considering getting a 6M mobile whip antenna and mounting it on top
of our Tuff Shed storage house to see if a Vertically polarized omni antenna
for 6M will help expand my capabilities and still not be coaught by the park
management. This score is twice my CQ WW VHF score in 2009, and 4 times last
years dismal score. Bert, K6CSL