[3830] CQWW VHF VE3GTC Hilltopper QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 18 05:19:01 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE3GTC
Operator(s): VE3GTC
Station: VE3GTC

Class: Hilltopper QRP
QTH: FN24

    6:   6     6
Total:   6     6  Total Score = 36

Conditions where not that great and working in the Hilltopper category placed a
limits of 6 hours total working time. I picked my time and had a go but
conditions where against me. Had I been able to stay on site till the end of
the contest I might have made a few more contacts when conditions have been
reported to have improved. Even if I had a big gain antenna and was running 100
watts (or more) it would have still been a struggle constantly dealing with QSB,
QRP made it much more of a challenge especially on SSB.

These where the hardest 6 contacts (in 6 hours) that I ever had to work for.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc