[3830] CQWW VHF N4QV SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jul 22 08:51:17 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N4QV
Operator(s): N4QV
Station: N4QV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SFL
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  486   150
Total:  514   164  Total Score = 88,888

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Saturday was slow with marginal Es on 6 and a lot of absentees on 2 meters.. I
had 2 decent hours Saturday.
Saturday evening, I worked 6 stations off the moon...
Sunday was great in the morning with a few SW Europe coming thru.. When Joe
CT1HZE called me I thought someone was playing a joke on me!  He was over
S-9!!
USA Es was very slow for a good while then suddenly opened toward TX, the
midwest, and lots of great double hop to CA, WA, OR, NV etc.
Toward the end of the test, the band finally opened up towards the NE and I
finally picked up those NE grids.

Overall a fun contest, even though there was very little activity on 2 meters.

Randy
N4QV