[3830] IARU ZA/HA5X(HA5XA) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 24 13:48:06 PDT 2011

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: ZA/HA5X
Operator(s): HA5XA
Station: ZA/HA5X

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Orikum

  160:     0     0      0       0
   80:    21     0      3      14
   40:   206    13     12      26
   20:   562   118     21      30
   15:   185    20     15      14
   10:    33    20      5      15
-------------------------------------
Total:  1007   171     56      99  Total Score = 433,380

Club: Haros Radio Club

Comments:

It was fun operating the contest from Albania where I was on family holiday.
The simple and poor antenna I only put on the roof a few hours before the
contest in great hurry, and the relatively low power (100-300W) allowed only
this much.  Using a callsign with a slash (ZA/HA5X) made it pretty difficult to
make myself understood through the QRM.  Besides, I have to admit, I also slept
for a few hours :) What made me especially happy was to know that some local ZA
HAM friends were also active in the contest.  Congratulations to  Fatos, ZA1G,
who visited me just a day before the contest for some Win-Test training, and
used computer logging with success for the first time.  Very well, done, Fatos!