[3830] ARRL June VHF K1VUT Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Jun 15 11:00:16 PDT 2011

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K1VUT
Operator(s): K1VUT
Station: K1VUT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  236    76  Total Score = 17,936

This was a very interesting contest...no real openings Saturday, and openings
just about all day Sunday.  Openings to my qth in FN41 started in the Caribbean
(double hop Es), moved up to the deep South and middle South USA (eventually
single hop Es), then slowly shifted north and west (back to double hop Es),
then north and east (single hop Es).  About 2100 utc I found another opening to
the South (single hop) but with the beam facing East, not South.  After an hour
or so, I thought I'd check and see if East was still the correct direction and
I found West was just as good but South still was not.  Eventually South became
the best direction.

The QSO rates do not compare with the HF contests I operated for many years,
but I had a great deal of enjoyment following the openings and working lots of
stations not normally heard on 6 meters.  I hope we have good conditions also
in the CQ contest next month.