[3830] All Asian CW VE6TL SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 19 16:59:39 PDT 2011

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Calgary

Total:  224   118  Total Score = 26,432

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Was suffering from major fever and cough so doing the contest killed a bunch of
time and helped me to recover somewhat.  The wx was also rainy and miserable so
it was not like I missed much outdoors.  Anyway, Friday night started out really
poor due to a magnetic storm over the north pole.  Things calmed down a bit on
Saturday but couldn't hear ANY signals on 15m, even though I saw a ton of
spots.  15m did open up a little bit on Sunday afternoon, mostly to Japan.  The
main thing was the QSB on 20m made repeating almost everything necessary.  Guess
nobody else suffers from QSB as most ops only gave their age once.  In the end,
this was my best AA result by far.  Would be nice to hear Asia on 40m and 10m
one day. Hopefully next year.

Ran some stats too and discovered the median = mean age = 54 years old, with a
fairly normal distribution.  The mode was 47.  Youngest was 27 and oldest 83.

Best 73 and CUAGN in the Next One.

JERRY VE6TL
Calgary, Alberta

FTDX-5000MP with FL-7000AMP and TH6DXX at 13m