[3830] TBDC WF7T Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 19 19:51:26 PDT 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN EM66

Total:  QSOs = 16  Total Score = 26

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I could spare some time to participate and was interested in how I might get
out.  Quite poorly, but did convince myself an effort like this would be about
RX antennas (of which I have none!)  Worked everyone I could hear except those
way way down in the noise (S8-9 along with some periodic something banging on
me at +30dBm over). Started out S&P with my FT-857D while I was busy on the
other rig.  Switched over to the IC-7600...Wow! Like night and day. The RX on
the 7600 is wonderful! It didn't help me, but WOW!

I heard K7CA and KV4FZ but all I got in response was QRZ? which *is* something
and thanks for trying to copy me. I also heard someone calling me but just
couldn't make out the call; sorry for being a Caiman (I have too small a signal
to be considered an Alligator!)

For those that did hear me, I am grateful. The Summer session could be a real
litmus test for station improvements for us in the northern hemisphere. I am
happy to have been able to play!  See you in October/December.

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville, TN EM66

---

IC-7600, FT-857D at 100W
40x50' Inv L. w/500' radials on ground, 120' rusty chain link fence, and one
raised resonant radial snaking around the yard.
N1MM v11.6.2, YCCC SO2R+