[3830] All Asian CW VA7ST SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 19 21:31:38 PDT 2011

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC

   80:   14     9
Total:  217   118  Total Score = 27,258

2011 SFI=104  A=6  K=2
2010 SFI= 69  A=2  K=1
2009 SFI= 69  A=0  K=0

* FT-2000 + SB221
* 3 element SteppIR @ 27'
* 40M SteppIR dipole @ 27'
* 80M 2-element vertical array E or W

High bands were not in good shape -- particularly 15M, which only opened to DX
from here on Sunday, and never offered strong signals. Expected better with
flux hovering around 100 and the A index falling through the weekend.

Great ears in ZC4/5B, A65, UN and 4X -- could barely make them out due to QSB
over the pole on 15M Sunday morning but got the job done. Later in the
afternoon, 15M opened very weakly to JA but few signals heard.

20M was only fair, but at least provided a trickle of new stations each time I
checked in.

40M was pretty good early Saturday morning, and I stayed up until 5 a.m.
working what I could on 80M as daybreak rolled in.

Had fun lifting the score to about 2.5 times my previous best (2010). Biggest
impacts were good 40M conditions to JA and UA0/9, and a nice but brief JA
opening on 80M with the twin vertical array pointing that way.

Thanks for the Qs. See you next time out. Looking forward to some great fun
with a QRP effort for field day next weekend.

-- Bud VA7ST

http://www.orcadxcc.org/
http://www3.telus.net/va7st

Year   Qs   Mult   Score