[3830] All Asian CW VU2PTT SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 19 22:07:04 PDT 2011

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
Total:  715   135  Total Score = 273,375

Rig IC-746 PRO, Ant. 20-15-10m Force12 C3s @ 60', 40m Inv-V @ 55'.

Started as a part time effort for 2-3 hours anticipating family events. But
then found some more time to sit in the chair. Hopefully will be able to do the
full 48 hours next time. Thanks to all for hearing me and working me. I had
forgotten what it feels like to put in some hours on Low Power - it was fun
while it lasted.

Conditions were not the best and worked very few NA on 20 15m. As always, most
of the QSOs were from EU.

10m was open to EU when I tried the first day and had one run of about 60 Qs
but could be on the 2nd day as the family took me out for a surprise lunch and
couple of bottles of wine for Father's Day. That sure made it very interesting
to operate after I came back :-)

15m was the best band and worked a few NA stations but sure I missed many under
the EU pileups which surprisingly were strong during the NA openings. Usually EU
fades out and the NA signals pop up, but not this time. VE3UTT was the biggest
signal - he beat out the EU stations and thumped in.

20m was probably not the best place to call CQ but managed a few small runs
there. Worked N6AR with a lot of difficulty and got a surprise call in from
YV8AD.

40m - Did not expect to work much there as this is probably the most difficult
band form out here on Low Power. SOm e60+ EU QSOs the first night but was too
tired to try out the 2nd night after the Father's Day activities.

Thanks to all who called in, especially the NA & SA stations - they must have
good ears to hear my low power signals.

See you all in the IARU HF Contest next month.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT.