[3830] ARRL June VHF K8GP Limited Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 20 11:39:42 PDT 2011

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K8GP
Operator(s): K1HTV K1RA K3MM N2NAR N4SV NW5E W4XP W8ZN
Station: K8GP

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FM19bb

    6:  670   180
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1394   320  Total Score = 528,320

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Issues with 222 MHz antennas & 432 MHz amplifier kept both those bands off the
air for the first few hours of the contest. 50 & 144 MHz worked exceptionally
well with few issues.  50 MHz e-skip was good across the US to the west coast
and down into the Caribbean, unfortunately no EU.  Afternoon storms Saturday
took us off the air for a short period, but the storms on Sunday ~430pm took us
off the air for good.  We lost commercial power and by 630p we decided to call
it quits since it didn't look promising for a return of power before dark.
Next time we bring the 12 KW generator! We hope to be back in the unlimited
category soon with 903 and up if the summer goes well.