[3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 26 05:37:03 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1PM, LZ1ZD, LZ1ANA, LZ1UQ, LZ1GL, LZ1PJ,LZ1FG, LZ2BE, LZ2PL, LZ2CJ, LZ2PO, LZ2UU, LZ2TU, LZ2UZ, LZ2HQ, LZ3FM, LZ3UM, OK1FDR
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: nr Breznik

   40: 1827
   20: 2377
   15: 1659

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

To avoid the situation which happened to us in 2005, when V25 ops. announced and
really operated M/2, but finally submitted their log in M/M category we decided
to postpone posting of our score on 3830 until the logs submission deadline
passed.

Conditions during first 24 hours were extremely poor and managing to stay only
about 300 to 400 QSOs behind our last year QSO numbers was a strugle. Sunday
conditions were better. Thanks to new Russian calls there was a good number of
prefixes available from East. Japanese participants were not many once again
â€" just about 200 QSOs with JA. Some increase of Chinese participants is
evident. Only about 1100 USA QSOs, but USA once again was the main source of
multipliers. For example, prefixes we worked from Russia, Ukraine and Japan
counted together still do not match the number of USA prefixes worked.

New 20m band 4 over 4 OWA stack fixed to East and rotary 4 over 4 OWA stack on
10m band surely helped our final score in such poor propagation conditions.
THANKS go to :  “The Boss” - Krassy LZ1ZD, Assen LZ2HQ, Andy LZ1ANA, Assen
LZ3UM, Radi and Stoyan for building these antennas and putting them up on
towers during the week preceding the contest weekend.

Now, obviously we have to think about additional rotary 4 over 4 OWA on 15m
band and “a ka K1VR Spitfire” vertical array for 160m band before CQWW CW
in November. 5 el. wire yagi fixed to USA on 40m band is scheduled to be up by
that time, too.

The new member of LZ9W M/M Contest Team â€" Radim OK1FDR was our “iron man”
on 20m band once again after CQWW CW 2010. He’s an outstanding CW contester
and we are very happy to have him joined our team.

My own and LZ2TU apologies to all those who we have asked to repeat the call or
number several times on top band. QRN was awful, so THANK you very much for your
patience guys. We only hope our UBN on top band will be good enough.

Operators  :
160m  - LZ2CJ , LZ2TU
  80m - LZ1PM, LZ1ZD, LZ2UZ
  40m - LZ2BE, LZ2PL, LZ1PJ
  20m - OK1FDR, LZ2PO, LZ2UU
  15m - LZ3UM, LZ1UQ, LZ1ANA,
  10m â€" LZ1GL, LZ3FM, LZ1FG, LZ2HQ

Radios :
160m - TS590S â€" one operating position only
  80m - TS950SDX + IC746
  40m - FLEX 5000A + IC756 Pro III
  20m - TS950SDX + TS950SD
  15m - FT1000MP + FT1000MP Mark V Field
  10m â€" IC775DSP + IC775DSP

Antennas :
160m  - Inv.Vee @ 35m , RX Quad
  80m - 3 el WA3FET monoband rotary yagi, phased 2el. dipoles, RX Quad
  40m - HB9CV rotary, 2el. QUAD to East, RX Quad
  20m - 6/6/6 OWA to USA, 4/4 OWA to East/JA, 6el. OWA rotary
  15m - 6/6/6 OWA to USA, 6 el. OWA rotary, dipole
  10m â€" 6/6/6/6 OWA to USA, 4/4 OWA rotary, 5el. OWA to JA, 7 el. OWA rotary

Amps :
Several home brew single band amps on GU74b , ACOM 2000A, Alpha 91b

THANKS to LZ2GL for excellent technical support and to LZ3FM for keeping PC
network working perfectly during the contest.

On-line Skimmers were very helpful, too  â€" TNX to S50ARX and OL5Q !

THANK you ALL for QSOs and call us in next contest again !

73, de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M Contest Team
www.lz9w.com