[3830] ARRL FD VA3DF 1B QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 26 18:27:44 PDT 2011

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   76      7
   40:  141     34
   20:  217     72
   15:   76     23
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Another fine FD with VE3CR running 1B2B. Had some issues during setup as two
batteries were kaput despite having been charged the previous evening - shorted
cells?? They would run the radio on receive but no guts for transmit plus the
inverter protested vigorously. Initially we thought we had a bad inverter but
the problem was actually the batteries. So anyways, I now have two new door
stops!

80 m was disappointing but 20 became our workhorse band - good tryout for the
new 20 m antenna, it passed with flying colours!

Food was great courtesy of VE3CR's XYL Sheila - dinner on Saturday was the
best!

All goals were achieved and a great time was had by all. See you next year with
further station improvements. New personal high for us in qsos and score!

As usual, it's a jungle out there when you run qrp!

73,

Doug
VA3DF

PS: Score includes bonus points.