[3830] ARRL June VHF N6VI Multi-Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 27 17:29:27 PDT 2011

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N6VI
Operator(s): N6VI, WB2WIK, K6ZMW, WA6P, K6VN
Station: N6VI

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: DM04ms

    6:  368   115
  903:   34     8
  1.2:   56    10
  2.3:   43    10
  3.4:   42     9
  5.7:   37     8
  10G:   41     8
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1036   216  Total Score = 419,904

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Our 8,000-foot elevation helped make up for low power (100w or less through 432
and between 200 mW 2W above that), smallish antennas (e.g., 3 el at 15' on 6m)
and fewer hands than bands.  We had three experienced VHFers, one second-timer
and one ARES member new to weak-signal work and contesting.  All of them worked
hard with what they had available.  Our deep appreciation goes to the SCCC
rovers, who covered a lot of ground and whose patience peaking up on callers
made many of us fixed stations happy with solid microwave contacts and added
multipliers.  They also attracted some new operators, who picked it up very
quickly.  We're seeing the increased local activity generating more local
activity, which is one of the desired outcomes of contesting.  Thanks to my
mountaintop team members and special thanks to Wayne N6NB, whose generous loans
of equipment made it possible for others to get on the air.

Thanks also to all of you who provided us with many contacts and made the
weekend an enjoyable one.

73,

Marty N6VI