[3830] NCCC Sprint K9MMS LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Mar 3 21:41:56 PST 2011

                    NCCC Sprint - March 4

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

  160:   6      6
   80:  13     12
   40:  13     11
Total:  32     29  Total Score = 928

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

About 33 minutes of op time.  Started late due to non-radio, high priority task
finishing after 0200Z, not having the Win-Test log set up ahead of time, and
also due to joining the pile up and working K7UGA special event on 40 CW in his
0200 to 0220Z advertised time slot.  First NS QSO was at 0224Z.  Great to work
both KP2/K6VVA and V31AM on 40 and 80, and to have them call me for 3 of the 4
QSOs.  Thanks Rick and Ken!

I completely agree with Rick, KP2/K6VVA's comments about the digital and
carrier junk heavily encroaching into the normal CW segments.  That, along with
rather high noise levels here this winter, is really ruining the CW fun.  Also,
the occurrence of carriers jamming DX stations that are running pile ups is
getting way too frequent.  That was even happening right on top of K7UGA on 40
CW tonight.  The quality of ham radio operating seems to be really going down
hill with way too many LIDs and jammers on the air.

Anyway, for you great NS operators, thanks for the Qs and Ms.
73,
    Gary