[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4GOV SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Mar 5 12:10:01 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4GOV
Operator(s): W4GOV
Station: W4GOV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:  VA

   40:  19     12
   20:  38     29
   15:
   10:  18     10
-------------------
Total:  75     41  Total Score = 11,016

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Only operated a few hours at night due to family commitments. It was fun and was
able to try the TS-590 for the first time in a contest. Setup was modest with
the TS-590, AL-80B and an OCF Dipole @ 25 feet.

I noticed that putting out an exceptable signal and being able to receive
everyone was easy with this setup. The TS-590 does a GREAT job in crowded band
conditions and I was surprised at its overall capabilities. I wish I had the
time to operate more in this contest!

10M was in great shape! I was able to operate like the days in the late
80's/early 90's! It was a blast!

I heard a lot of familiar stations and it sounded like everyone was enjoying
themselves...

Thanks for all the q's! See you all next time!

Adam