[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT8K SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 6 16:11:48 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 20:10

  160:    0     0
   80:    1     1
Total:  235   122  Total Score = 86,010

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

That was nothing but rough - a bad sore throat started Friday morning and at
times I thought all the antennas had water in the feedline (which would be
interesting since one has open wire feeder).  Then we got constant heavy rain
(and static) which gradually turned into snow Saturday and through Saturday
night (more static) ... but ... it was still all fun.

15m was open and full each morning from top to bottom - like a big version of
20m - and that was packed, too.  10m was open all day, acting like 15m did not
too long back - spotty and sporadic but worth serious effort.  40m was not so
much packed as just its usual messy self.  80m surprised me with one GM3 QSO
and then nothing for hours of effort - then I really thought the antennas were
shot.  I tried 160m, too, but even my K9AY loop couldn't do much against the
static.

Thanks to all who listened hard and stuck with me until you could get my info.

Man ... contests like this sure make me want a big tower
http://www.youtube.com/themandolinmaniac#p/u/7/uNWZjzrzgwA

Best rx & 73 to all de kt8k - Tim