[3830] ARRLDX SSB PI4TUE M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 6 16:14:07 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: PI4TUE
Operator(s): CLAUDIA, ON9CC, PA3FGA, PA5YL, PC5A
Station: PI4TUE

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

Total: 2052   251  Total Score = 1,545,156

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

This years ARRLDX SSB contest coincided with the yearly Carnival weekend. That
of course didn't stop us to participate in this most enjoyable contest.

Some highlights, remarks:
- The team was strengthened this year by two YL op's: Chantal - PA5YL (PACC
contest manager) and Claudia (preparing for her novice license). From what I
saw you'll be hearing more of them for sure.
- 22 6 band QSO's. That hasn't happened in years! Here are the stations we
worked on all bands:
AA3B,K0TV,K1TTT,K2FF,K3LR,K3WW,K8AZ,K9RS,KB1H,N0NI,N1FD,NE3F,VO1TA,VY2ZM,W0AIH,W1DX,W3BGN,W3LPL,W4RM,W9RE,WE3C,WW4LL
- Waw, that 10mtr Sunday opening was very cool! Until late it looked as if only
southern EU would benefit but luckily it didn't.
- Our HF2V on rooftop @65mtr (above ground) is about 2 or more S-units stronger
than the dipole @65mtr.
- Our 160mtr sloping vertical towards the US gives a less strong TX signal than
the one towards JAPAN
- It's nice to have friends that bring their Gaggia to the contest so the team
was enjoying superb espresso and cappuccino (coffee brand: Dieme)
- The Heil Quiet Phone Pro we received on Friday before the contest was
oscillating when the noise canceling was switched on. A Monday morning
product?
- We all loved those peak rates you only get in the ARRLDX contests!

Equipment
Rig: TenTec Orion I + Amp
Ant: SteppIR, HF2V, 40mtr dipole, 80mtr hor. full size loop, 160mtr sloping
vertical
SW:  N1MM

If you are interested in your audio clipping, send me an email.

73
-- Aurelio, PC5A