[3830] ARRLDX SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 6 16:15:44 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ

   15:  643   106
Total: 1648   432  Total Score = 2,134,513

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Best. Score. Ever.

If, when I woke up this morning, someone had told me that I'd be running a 10m
EU pileup for over an hour I'd have called for the guys in the white coats and
padded wagon. Condx like I hadn't seen since 2002 or 2003 (and back then all I
had were wires). Worked JAs with 3-1/2 Watts. Heard EU, SA and JA at the same
time on 10, 15 and 20. I worked at least 10 stations on 6-bands (including some
in Europe) and 20-25 (at least) on 5-bands (10-80 or 15-160).

Radio equipment once again performed flawlessly but the logging computer wasn't
as nice. I lost about 90 minutes or so when a failed hard drive manifested
itself in the middle of the 10m action. Thankfully it  was just some old
storage and not the system drive, but the it took the OS down until I
troubleshot it, which ultimately cost me a fair number of points. My logs are
stored in the cloud so they weren't affected.

Had a couple of nice runs, on 10, 15 and 20 but as usual I was more effective
doing S&P. Picked up a lot of mults including the exotics over the pole in Asia
on 15 and 20, and a bunch of African mults on 10, 15 and 20. The big one for me
personally was Zone 19 on 80m early this morning.

That's it from NJ; See y'all in WPX in a few weeks!