[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1KQ SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 6 16:16:15 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1KQ
Operator(s): W1KQ
Station: W1KQ

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  542   227  Total Score = 368,421

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Been using my version of the Cobra dipole for the past several years.  In the
last 160m contest I burned (melted) half of it down.  So now running a sort of
End Fed Zepp which didn't seem to do too bad on 40m.  80m was pretty noisy
Sunday evening so had to struggle to hear the stations but it seems they were
hearing me okay.  I didn't spend as much time at the mic as I would have liked
to but this is the first contest where a vast quantity of first calls were
answered...even in the pile-ups.  Got AK and HI but no JA on 15m.
Rig: FT-1000D, Amp: AL-1200, Ant: Cushcraft X-9/42 feet | Half of a Cobra
dipole with center at 75 feet.  Looking forward to CQ WW SSB WPX with repaired
dipole.