[3830] ARRLDX SSB K8AZ M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 7 17:01:45 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): K8AZ,K8MR,K8NZ,KQ8M,W8WTS,WT8C
Station: K8AZ

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Ohio

   20:  804   103
   15:  842   110
Total: 2412   482  Total Score = 3,481,968

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Although K8AZ usually enters as in the multi-single category, this year I had a
conflicting professional commitment on Saturday and a number of the regular
operators were unavailable for the weekend, so we decided on a part-time
effort, and entered Multi-Two so that anyone who wanted to operate could do so,
without worrying about the band-change rules that limit multiplier chasing, etc.
in multi-single.  What a blast!

It was great to have 10m open to Europe again, although an ice storm Saturday
night rendered almost all of the 10m antennas either non-rotatable or unusable.
 That said, we still had fun running Eu and chasing mults and everything else
worked well.  And 15 meters was just amazing.

Looks like it's time to turn the 10m fixed array from SE to NE for fall 2011.

Congratulations to all the guys who achieved such superb scores.

Tom, K8AZ